Monday, June 27, 2005

T.C.B.

Well, I got pretty much what I expected to done this weekend. Just like I planned, I did some reading, dealt with some lingering family commitments, kept the house operating on an even keel and tried to relax as much as possible. Played the Grant Morrison written Battlestar Galactica game for XBOX and got a couple of levels ahead in that. Finished off the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron trades I took out from the library and started working on the others.

Did some job/career mulling. Even started sniffing around a bit to see what sorts of offerings there might be in the surrounding area. I toyed with the idea of hooking up with a paid internet gig, but I'm not so sure I want to go that route. I'd be writing about comics, but there are some cons involved with the whole thing, so I don't know.

I fiddled around a bit more with the guitar, which was cool. A couple of posts ago I was talking about how it would be nice (rather, essential) for someone to show me a few chords to get the ball rolling? Well, that happened and my curiosity is once again piqued. Even if I never learn to play, it's fun to play around with it.

Oh yeah, I also got a hold of and started listening to David Bowie's "Hunky Dory" and I'm getting a bit of a charge out of that. It's not a bad album, really. Not as strong as "Ziggy Stardust", maybe, but it does have a great opening three or four tracks even if it strays a bit in the middle.

Hmmm...that's it for now, I think. Not a lot to report, really. I guess I could be posting tons and tons of links to other sites and their interesting content, but I'm feeling a bit insular tonight, so I'll leave the blog on a more personal note.

mike

No comments: