Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Givin' the Love to Sacco

Well, looks like Joe Sacco has another book coming out called War's End: Profiles from Bosnia 1995-96. The book contains two stories, one of which I know and own already because it was published as a standalone project called, simply, Soba (pronounced, Shoba). It was the first in what was supposed to be a series of 'Stories from Bosnia', but I don't know if any more ever came out.

Anyway, if you've ever read Joe's stuff before you know this is worth checking out.

If you don't believe me, here's a review from the Nashville City Paper of War's End. There are a dozen or more of these out there and they all say the same thing - read it.

I'm going to see what I can do to get an interview with Joe. I missed out on the opportunity twice before and he's one of the guys in the industry that I've always wanted to talk to. The e-mail has been sent, we'll see what happens and I'll keep you posted.

mike

No comments: