Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The New Comics 4

I'm feeling pretty uninspired on the comic book front these days. I just don't seem to be running into any new books that are catching my interest and the 'old familiar' ones are kind of boring me and seem to be gradually slipping away. This was tempered briefly by the discovery of a few new books, like Enrico Casarosa's Mia, but they are so slow in coming out that I don't get my regular fix.

I'm willing to take suggestions if anyone has any.

Anyway, in light of my plight, I'm just going to do a list of things I've got my eye on for the week and then split...

COMMON FOE #1 (OF 4) from Image Comics & Desperado Publishing
ROGUE #11 from Marvel Comics

I thought Common Foe was coming out last week, so it's nice to see it this week. Considering it is a creator-owned Giffen project, they have a tendency to disappear without notice.

As for Rogue, another fill-in artist (although I do actually like Derec Aucoin) which is a bummer. The question I have...Is Moline jumping ship, and if so, where to!?! And is this a resolicitation? The Marvel site has this listed for the 18th of May.

So that's it in a nutshell. I'll be back next week with some - hopefully - cheerier commentary on the New Comics!

mike

No comments: