Thursday, May 26, 2005

I'm surrounded!

In 5.1 Dolby Digital, that is.

A couple of days ago the wife and I picked up our first Home Theatre system. Although I wasn't 100% sold on it on the first day, a couple of days of tinkering with it and testing out all my favourite DVDs, TV shows and CDs on it have left me a very, very happy man.

I have to say it was well-timed since we're going to be watching the Star Wars saga in its entirety this week or the next, and it needs to be said that my concert DVDs have taken on a whole new dimension.

Heck, even the THX promo is something I no longer skip over just to hear the whooshing hum skip all over the room.

I've gone from one of those people who never cared about the specifications on DVDs except for 1) does it have bonus features and 2) is it widescreen, to being that guy who's all over those little boxes at the bottom of the case telling you what audio mixes are available and whether or not it'll make you a grilled cheese sandwich...you know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, I'm off to watch something on the new system. TTYL!

mike

No comments: