Thursday, July 21, 2005

Writing News

Man, for the last couple of days I've been busy putting a lot of different things together. For starters, I decided to get off my duff and finally send a query to Salon.com. My wife was scolding me for not turning an interview I had into a paying freelance piece, which I had to agree with, so I've been putting together some writing samples and a pitch letter to send. I'm hoping to have it all done by tomorrow so I can send it off and start the waiting game. They say you have to wait 2 or 3 weeks before giving up on them, so the sooner that process starts the better.

I'm also putting together a pitch for a non-fiction book that I never realised I was sitting on. Again, it was the sometimes loud and always wise wife who made me see it as it was, and now I'm kind of excited about this whole thing. I don't know if anything will ever come of it, or if I even have the stamina to go through the process of putting together a book, but for now, it's got the juices flowing.

Lastly, I've been doing a lot of work on my website, Meanwhile... as I've mentioned in previous posts, and just tonight I put the almost final touches on a new Giffen Update for The Daily Dispatch, my Keith Giffen related Newslist. I'm waiting on word from Colleen Doran about an interview that we had done but never finished. I wanted to use it in the Update and would rather use the complete version rather than the half finished one, but I'll take what I can get. If she's too busy I'll run what I have. Still, I hope she's not too busy.

Tonight I have to finish my Bear McCreary interview and I have my David Fury interview on deck for when that's all finished.

Man, if only I was getting paid for some of this.

mike

No comments: