Friday, July 15, 2005

Catching the Chronicles

This kind of comes out of left-field, but I've recently decided that I want to complete my Young Indiana Jones VHS video collection. Not the most popular set of videos in the world, but I've always been a big fan and supporter of the show since it's inception. For many Indy fans, it was huge to have these first 12 tapes released (altered as they were into 90 minute films) to the general buying public after so many years of collecting dust. Unfortunately, it would turn out to be an equally huge disappointment when Paramount refused to release the rest of the set after a few months like they had advertised. I bought most of the tapes when they came out in 1999, but I never managed to get them all. At the time it didn't seem like too much of a problem since I had some of the episodes taped from when they originally aired on ABC. Time, a weak pocketbook and an overall lack of commercial popularity have left me with a few tapes left to be sought out.

Anyway, lately I've been trolling around looking for the remaining tapes I need to finish my set. I've done the eBay thing, and checked some other online vendors and I think I'll be able to find them all right, but I'll be paying a bit for them after the currency conversion.

The Chapters I still need are:

06) Spring Break Adventure (Princeton/Mexico - 1916)
11) Oganga, The Giver and Taker of Life (East Africa/Congo - 1916)
17) Masks of Evil (Istanbul/Transylvania - 1918)
20) Mystery of the Blues (Chicago - 1920)

Again, I have Chapters 11 and 20 taped off of ABC, and half of Chapter 06, but the completist in me wants the even dozen.

mike

No comments: