Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The New Audio/Video/Lit

As I stated earlier, my somewhat regular column-like look at what's new and worth checking out has sort of gone on hiatus for a spell. I did, however, decide to splurge a bit and give a combo review since it's such a slow week for everything.

As far as CDs are concerned, I don't see anything worth getting excited about this week so we can skip over that one totally.

DVDs are a close second in the nothing department, although the Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles - Complete Campaigns set looks like it might be fun. Fairly reasonably priced at $45.00 (CAN) compared to previous Roughnecks campaign DVDs.

The Comic Book category looks better than the other two combined with BATMAN LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #193 (Seth rocks, baby!), AMAZING FANTASY #10 (check out Jeff Parker's half of the book) and ARMY OF DARKNESS SHOP TIL YOU DROP DEAD #4 (at last, it's coming to an end!) all coming in this week. I also spotted a HIP FLASK LADRONN SKETCHBOOK which would be sweet to have, not because I love HIP FLASK, but because Ladronn is such a phenomenally stellar talent. Anyway, we'll see how that pans out for me.

An extra mention this week for a category I never mention in The New... columns...books. Nick Hornby (one of my favourite authors), has a new book out called A Long Way Down which sounds like it could be another gem. If you click through the link you can read a decent sized excerpt from the book.

So, that's all I have for you this week.

Until next time...

mike

No comments: