Saturday, July 16, 2005

Gussyin' Up

What does it say about my Friday night that I spent most of it fiddling with my various webpages?

The spirit just sort of moved me to make some improvements to the ol' Blog and Meanwhile... proper that probably won't be apparent to the average web traveller, but should make their experience just a little bit better. For example, with the Blog, I've gone and added Haloscan comments because I found that I like how they work on everybody else's pages and figured it was time to take the leap myself. I also signed up for some traffic monitoring which I've been meaning to do for a while but never seemed to get around to.

I also went through and streamlined Meanwhile... a little bit. I cleaned up some folders that were getting cluttered and taking up space which made a little extra room for newer interviews that will be going up soon (David Fury is on the way, I promise you!). I also fiddled with the cover images for the Brett Matthews and Bear McCreary interviews. The ones I've had until now were sort of meant as temporary images and I didn't like the way they looked so I did some tinkering to fit them into the overall scheme of the index page. As I was sorting things out I also came across some wonky code which I went in and corrected. Again, not something that will probably be noticed but I'm happier for it.

Anyway, it's late and I'm starting to get a bit weary so I'm going to shut down for the night.

mike

No comments: