Monday, July 18, 2005

A Little Game of LinkBlog Catch-Up

I've been bookmarking stuff to save for a rainy day and it's just taking up a bunch of space so I'm going to do a bit of linkblogging here so bear with me...

Monsters & Critics has this article talking about Warner Bros. and Darren Aranofsky recruiting comic book artists to "create original works of art interpreting [the] forthcoming sci-fi fantasy film The Fountain." The likes of Geof Darrow, Dave Gibbons, Jason Alexander, Olivier Bramanti, Seth Fisher, Phil Hale, James Jean, Mike Mignola, Jon J. Muth, Kostas Seremetis, Bill Sienkiewicz, Barron Storey and Martin Wilner haveall signed on to the program and we'll be able to see their interpretations being posted to the film’s official web site, one a week, starting in mid-august and running 'til the film's release.

It's just sad that FOX is engaging in this ridiculous lawsuit with Sony Pictures Entertainment. FOX is contending that Sony's movie Zoom is directly infringing on their X-Men franchise.

What?

My guess is that FOX is looking for reasons to delay the production of X3 after their recent problems with directors and scheduling. And seeing as how X3, like Alien 3 and many others before it, is one of those movies that had a release date before it had...well...anything...I smell possible doom for the house of X.

Or they could take my advice and just wait for Singer to finish Superman!!!

UPDATE: One very good reason why my plan won't work.

I think I caught this link over at The Comics Reporter a while ago. As a rule, I never turn down an opportunity to pick up anything illustrated by Jon J. Muth, so I was already happily indoctrinated into Muth's world for young readers being the owner of his previous two childrens books, Stone Soup and The Three Questions. With Zen Shorts I decided to break the silence and take the opportunity to link to the story and help spread the word.

I guess if your kids aren't bringing home Scholastic order forms every month you might be just as much in the dark as the other guy.

Hmmm...Strangely enough, that's all the links I can find that were backlogged. Go figure. Maybe I've been slipping them in and not thinking about it. Or maybe I've been deleting them as other Bloggers mention them over on their sites. Who knows? Not me.

Until next time...

mike

No comments: