Monday, July 11, 2005

Small Victories

Well, I finally came to an understanding with my computer. After about a week and a half of fighting with it, we have decided to just get along for a little while and see how that works out for us.

Somehow, I've managed to get my DVD burner to burn DVD+R/RW discs successfully, without bitsetting or doing anything knowingly to make it other than how it was, and all the problems that occured as a result of that initial burst of 'can do' have been corrected or eliminated.

In other words, my computer is functioning well. No, better than well.

Unfortunately, I am kind of sick to death of being on it, now. The TV and even outside is starting to look pretty good. Maybe some yard work will work out the bugs. Actually, I think I'll be back in form soon since I'll be taking my daughter to violin camp all week. I'm sure I'll need to do some pop culture venting at some point, and we're mere days away from the new seasons for Battlestar Galactica, and the two Stargates (links, if you're looking for them, are on the sidebar under TV Shows).

Anyway, I'm off to proof read the wife's thesis...again.

mike

No comments: