Friday, July 22, 2005

Hating the Waiting

I was going to put up Part Two of my Bear McCreary interview tonight but I have a section that needed confirmation from Bear and I haven't heard back from him yet. I suppose I could have run it and changed it after the fact, I mean it's not like I have thousands of people checking these things out, but I don't really like doing that and I'm not technically stuck to a deadline so I wait instead.

I'm also waiting on some answers from the amazing Colleen Doran. I mentioned last night that I was hoping to get her to finish the old interview and this morning she sent a reply saying she would. She's a peach, that Colleen. I should go out and buy some A Distant Soil just to give a little back, you know?

Speaking of buying, I picked up a few things today and yesterday that I thought I would mention. I hit the LCS and grabbed me a copy of just about everything I had on my 'to get' list except Love & Rockets because my shop doesn't seem to carry issues for the racks, anymore. And while I'm on the topic, I have to say it just as a reminder to myself: "If you have contact information for the Hernandez brothers it's probably a good idea to use it," wouldn't you say? That just sounds like good advice and I've been sitting on this for months.

Anyway, I also grabbed the first issue of Smoke which looks fantastic but I haven't had a chance to read it yet, so the jury's still out. I'm forecasting that I'll love it, though.

Out of the bargain bin I picked up some anthology stuff today. Two issues of DHP and the Comico Christmas Special from '88, I think. The DHP issues feature stories by Brubaker, Eddie Campbell, Moebius and Jodorowsky and Pekar and Sacco, while the Comico book has a Dave Stevens cover, with Steve Rude & Al Williamson, Bill Willingham and Tim Sale inside. I couldn't say no.

I grabbed some books from the library, too. My curiosity got the better of me and I picked up a Star Trek: Voyager trade, as well as Usagi Yojimbo Book 2 and The Magic Flute by P. Craig Russell, based on the opera by Mozart. I'm looking forward to checking those out.

I guess I also bought a DVD today - Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero. I've been waiting for a while to pick this one up because it's the only Batman Animated DVD I don't own and it disappeared off of shelves in town about a year or so ago. I guess with Batman Begins hitting theatres, the old stock has sort of risen to the surface in the hopes of capitalizing on the movie's popularity.

I guess it worked.

I haven't cracked it open yet but I'm in no hurry. I've seen it a million times and I have it on VHS, so...whatever. I guess I can make some more room in the media storage now that I don't need that tape anymore.

Well, I can't say that was the most interesting post I've ever made but there you have it. I think I'm going to go watch some Stargate and maybe hit the sack.

mike

No comments: