Wednesday, July 27, 2005

What's New?

My kids have gone away for the week with their grandparents. They've gone up to my wife's parents' cabin and we've been left to our own devices for a few days, which may go some ways to explaining why I haven't really done anything online yet that I said I was going to this week.

What I have done is hang out with the wife, hang out with a friend who stopped in from out of town, a little housework, some life planning, a lot of reading and I've watched a lot of bonus features off of my Return of the King extended edition DVD.

I'm feeling pretty cool, calm and relaxed now. I've been home for about a year, now (maybe even longer), and since I haven't been able to get a vacation out of the house, it's kind of nice to be able to have one while still in it. I feel a little bad that I haven't gotten to a few things that I wanted to have done this week, but not too guilty. Except for the Salon pitch, none of it was attached to a paying (or potentially paying) gig, so I'm not losing sleep over it.

Anyway, that's a bit of a State of the Union address for my world. I'm going to go and do a little bit more relaxing before I get back on the horse and spend too much time in front of the computer again.

mike

No comments: