Monday, July 11, 2005

Keepin' the Crypt Warm (a.k.a. The New DVD 9)

That last post I made regarding the Tales From the Crypt documentary was well-timed considering what I've just this morning learned. It appears that Warner Bros will be releasing the six-episode first season of the HBO show on DVD tomorrow, July 12th, 2005.

Just the fact that their giving this series a release (in sequential episode order) is great news and I'm actually a bit surprised at how excited I am to get my hands on this set. Affordably priced and chock full of features (although no commentaries to speak of) these are going to be a welcome addition to my growing (but never complete) DVD collection.

It's also cool that included with the DVDs is the aforementioned Tales From the Crypt: From Comic Book to Television documentary. I'm not sure if it's the whole doc or just an edited for television version, but it'll be nice to get a chance to see it. If it's as good as it sounds, I may just buy the DVD of the doc to get all those juicy hours of bonus interviews and extras.

Now that I think about it, this is as close to a The New DVD column as I'm going to get this week so I'll also mention another favourite that's coming tomorrow and that's the Bill & Ted's Excellent Collection (a three disc set with the movies and some extra added featurettes and videos and stuff). I wish I hadn't bothered buying these when they came out as value priced MGM DVDs, but I guess it's all part of the process.

mike

No comments: