Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The New DVD 10

Couple of things out this week with a few honourable mentions.

Constantine: I'm still fascinated by this movie and I'm looking forward to picking up this 2-disc special edition later today. It features 18 minutes of footage and an alternate ending never seen before, as well as commentaries, music videos and featurettes. It looks like a sweet little package to me, and there's nothing I like more than deleted scenes and a commentary track. I'm looking forward to seeing the little bonus at the end of the credits that I missed in the theatre as well. I think this set and me are going to be very happy together.

Swimming with Sharks - Spoecial Edition: Back before Kevin Spacey was a household name, this little movie gave me a chuckle. I can't remember where I had heard about it originally, but I rented it one day on the grounds that it was bitingly funny and well done. It was, probably still is (I haven't watched it in a while), and in this new special edition, I'm sure it's a picker upper for the next time I'm at the DVD store. At the very least a renter to see what kinds of features are on it, since I couldn't find a listing as of this writing.

The Crow - Wicked Prayer: Last and maybe least (I haven't seen it yet, but I'll probably watch it today and say a few words about it), the new D2DVD Crow movie features Eddie Furlong, Tara Reid and David Boreanaz in what could be a desperately horrible movie, or a pleasant surprise. I moderately enjoyed the last Crow movie with Eric Mabius, so unless this one takes dips into City of Angels territory, it should be watchable. I'm looking forward to seeing Boreanaz (watch for his new show Bones in Sept.) but he's playing a bad guy looking for immortality so it could be over-the-top-lame or he might pull it off. I'll post thoughts on the movie later.

Honourable Mentions: Dead Like Me Season 2 is out. I love Bryan Fuller but never watched this show despite hearing great things about it. The Farscape - Starburst Edition: Season 2 Collection 1 also comes out today which is an affordable way of picking these discs up if you gotta have your Farscape.

Until next time.

mike

No comments: