Thursday, January 06, 2005

Slow News Day

No much to report today so I'll settle for a few interesting links until I can get something more exciting up.

While we're all waiting for that Watchmen movie to materialize, it looks like fans can get their Alan Moore movie fix here. Vendetta was always my favourite of the two, so I'm cautiously awaiting this one's arrival.

I spent most of yesterday nursing an ailing body and mind by lounging around and listening to BBC1 all day where I caught the first mainstream media mention of Stars, one of my new favourite bands. Their local (meaning Canadian), and play an intoxicating mix of bittersweet pop songs and mood tunes. They kind of remind me a little of New Order, and Steve Lamacq on the BBC thought they sounded a bit like a sped up Lush - you decide. If you're curious, you can hear the album at their website, here. Their newest album is called Set Yourself on Fire and is worth checking out.

After the recent scuffle between Tucker Carlson and...well...everybody, I'm not at all surprised to see this bit of news. I'm no great patriot, but his comments on Crossfire regarding my home and native land managed to bug even me. So, no tears shed on my side of the 49th.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll be back later in the day with something more substantial.

mike

No comments: