Thursday, January 13, 2005

News on Parade

I ran across some interesting news bits as I was surfing the web that I thought I would share.

Here's an article I ran across from the BBC regarding the death of Gonzalo Gavira, who created the sound effects for films including The Exorcist and Towering Inferno.

I mention this because The Exorcist is one of my favourite movies, and Gavira's work on that film was responsible for giving me one of the more restless sleeps I've had in my life.

I fell asleep in front of the computer while on Warner Bros.' Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen website which has streaming sound from the film in the background. You can imagine I woke up feeling kind of unsettled and not very rested.

Now that's good sound design.

Also, from Reuters, this bit on the work of an Ancient Astronomer's being found on the statue of David sort of speaks for itself.

After my Hilary Duff rant last week, I found this article to be chuckle-worthy.

Here's a curious Tsunami related article from the Arizona Daily Star.

Hmmm...laser beams being shined into the cockpits of planes. Could they be mounted on the backs of sharks? Could be.

And lastly, my favourite bit of the day...Dr. Who being thwarted by little poeple.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha.

mike

No comments: