Thursday, April 28, 2005

"What's Up, Doc?"

Not like I'll be able to make it out to the James A. Michener Art Museum to see this - a full exhibit with with a bunch of drawings, cels, paintings and other items from the golden era of Warner Bros. animation - but I figured I'd mention it for anyone who may be in the area and would be able to take advantage of it.


"I tawt I taw a putty tat."


Another interesting Looney Tunes item can be found here, at Basic Hip Digital Oddio in their Kiddie Records Weekly section.

Bugs Bunny in Storyland is a 1949 audio storybook which, for Warner Bros. fans, is also a bit of a treat. The story (although unremarkable by WB stanbards) was written by Looney Tunes scribe, Ted Pierce, with artwork by director Bob McKimson and voiced by the inimitable Mel Blanc and June Foray (doing the female voices, of course).

Like I said before, the story is kind of cheesy, but it's kind of a treat to see this story come to life courtesy of the folks who actually worked on the Looney Tunes cartoons.

mike

No comments: