Monday, April 11, 2005

Impenetrable Sim

Wow!

I decided that it was about time that I finished my remaining unread issues of Cerebus this week (I think there's about 20 of them), and I have to say I'm finding Dave a little bit impenetrable (the essays in the back are just obtuse, but that's another commentary entirely).

I supported what Dave was doing with his series, and was one of his staunchest defenders when all the misogynistic accusations started coming out a couple of years ago. I figured the art and the man needed to be seperated and we just had to wait and see where all of this 'controversy' was going to end up before we start judging the guy based on his tendency to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Well, I'm about 400 pages from finishing the thing and I'm running out of steam, man. For a series I used to follow religiously, all this "Chasing Yhwh" stuff is grinding me down. It's relevance to the rest of the series is actually lost on me at the moment, other than to have Cerebus point out just how much women really suck - like in a biblical sense of sucking.

I'm going to finish the damn thing because I spent a lot of time and money on this book, and I want to see where it goes, but if the earth pig and Konigsberg don't do something interesting soon I'm gonna be pretty hacked off.

mike

No comments: