Wednesday, April 06, 2005

"Begun, the second Clone Wars have..."


"Pshewpshewpshewpshew!"

Ok, I'm going to go a bit fanboy on you, here.

I just watched the 5 new Clone Wars episodes and I have to say that I am more impressed with these than I was with the last batch. Any complaints I had with the first 20 chapters (and they were few) were thoroughly addressed in these latest five. I think my favourite addition probably has to be the trademarked Star Wars wipes and dissolves that were incorporated and were all but absent from the first series. It's the next best thing to a John Williams score to give it that extra Star Wars feel.

The extended length of each chapter was also a big boon to the series since Tartakovsky and Co. have more of an opportunity to develop each episode this way and just flat-out tell more story this time. The previous chapters were great fun but clocked in at a length of 3 minutes (with the exception of the extended finale), so the extra 9 minutes per has gone a long way to making it a vastly cooler experience.

And that's not even mentioning the fact that this series ends, literally, at the beginning of Episode III - right in the middle of the huge space battle above Coruscant.

May the force be with you.

mike

No comments: