Thursday, March 31, 2005

Truth Hurts

Welp, the surprise return of FOX's Tru Calling has left me somewhat wanting.

After a shaky start in season 1, I had actually grown to really like the show and was disappointed to hear that FOX would not be bringing it back - especially with Jane Espenson joining the writing/producing team. So, colour me excited when they announced the show would be returning with the first two episodes of the never aired season 2 tonight, followed over the next four weeks by the remainder of the shows they produced before giving it the axe (and justifying FOX selling the season 2 DVD set which I'm expecting to hear about any day now).

Happy as I was to see the show again, I have to say I got a little bored with it halfway through the first episode. Heck, I'm writing this while watching episode 2, so it can't be too gripping, right? I kind of feel like they've gone back to the beginning with the explaining and the restating of the show's premise and the character relationships. It took 6 or 7 episodes for me to get interested in the first season and, considering there is only 6 episodes of season 2, I'm hoping the viewing curve is less pronounced this time around.

Jane's episode will be coming up soon, so I'll comment again when that happens.

mike

No comments: