Thursday, March 17, 2005

Constantine Music Video


I don't know if this is a new thing or not (I certainly haven't seen it before, but who am I to say) but I just stumbled across a music video from the Constantine soundtrack courtesy of apple.com. The song itself is nothing spectacular (the track is by A Perfect Circle) but it does have some nice uses of clips from the movie - the scenes of Rachel Weisz in the tub and in hell, primarily.

Anyway, as I am still undecided as to whether or not I think it is a good movie, it is indelibly imprinted into my brain. Like so many other films before it I'll have to watch and rewatch it, listen to the audio commentary, read the script or the novelisation...anything to gain a deeper understanding of the story that the filmmakers were trying to tell.

Having read the first chapter of the novelisation already, I can say that I've noticed many differences in the opening sequence alone (like the fact that the book version was better). I tell ya, this stuff is like heroin for my mind.

Or maybe I have cinematic OCD.

Ah well, the Constantine obsession continues and will likely do so until the DVD comes out with it's deleted scenes and other fun stuff. Not to mention the fact that Warner Bros. has already green lit a sequel based on the good numbers received by the first film which, I might add, is still playing in a first-run theatre locally.

'Nuff Said.

mike

No comments: