Monday, March 28, 2005

A Little Less Crowded

CNN.com informs me that, Paul Hester, ex-drummer of Aussie band Crowded House, hung himself in a park in Southern Australia on Friday, March 25th. He has shocked many of his friends and loved ones (including ex-bandmates Nick Seymour and Neil Finn) who didn't see this coming, and is survived by his girlfreind and two children.

While I'm not totally shocked by the news, I am a bit surprised that it ended this way after years of being away from the band and the life that I believed was making him unhappy. Hester left the band in 1994 in the middle of their North American tour in order to be home with his family and relieve the stresses of touring. In an appearance on Much Music at the time, he appeared a little crusty, distant, unhappy and just a little drunk.

I guess he never really got over it.

Anyway, as a past fan of Crowded House, I felt that I should mention it here on the Blog.

mike

No comments: