Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Angel In June


As previously announced, a new Angel mini-series will be coming out from IDW and the release date is this June.

IGN has more on that ,here.

I wasn't initially excited by this news (even though I knew I'd be picking the durn thing up) because of its departure from the normally able hands of DHC who handle the Buffy franchise so adeptly, but after reading a bit more on the books, and seeing these great variant covers, I'm actually getting a little giddy.

I know Jeff Mariotte can write Angel in his sleep, so at least I know the character is in able hands (even though I would have loved to see some more Christopher Golden work in the Buffyverse). From what I've seen of the art by Messina, it looks good enough to carry whatever story Jeff has cooked up. I've seen worse artists doing Angel during it's run at Dark Horse, so...

If only they could get Karl Moline to take a crack at the vampire with a soul.

So anyway, bring it on, IDW. Let's see if you can make this franchise come alive and tide us fans over until the Buffy Animated or Spike TV movies come to pass!

mike

No comments: