Sunday, December 04, 2005

Strangers a Good Purchase

Shortly after posting about the new Strangers DVD documenting Keane's 2004 US tour I popped into work on my day off and bought it. I'm the first to admit that my willpower is not something I want to be challenged in a life or death situation so I'm not really surprised by this turn of events. In fact, I not only succumbed to the lure of the DVD but I was also debating on whether or not I should drop some cash for the Dual Disc of their album, Hopes and Fears. To be honest, if it wasn't for the fact that all the videos are included on the Strangers DVD I probably would've caved on that point, too. It's an album I absolutely love and to hear it coming out in 5.1 surround is such a temptation for me.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the documentary which is actually very well produced. It doesn't have the atmosphere of, say, Coldplay's 2003 Tuor Diary documentary that appeared on their Coldplay Live 2003 DVD, but the interviews are surprisingly truthful and candid, the history of the band is nicely presented, the music is great and the navigation on the disc is both practical and innovative.

If you're a fan of the band or just love these kinds of music docs, I would highly recommend Strangers to y'all. It's definitely worth checking out and a DVD that will live in my Home Theatre for a while, I'm sure.

mike

No comments: