Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Limey

I was hanging out with my brother Ed last night and after the last 'week of horror' that I subjected him to I gave him the opportunity to pick something he wanted to watch. He asked me to bring a bunch of DVDs over to his house where he would have a look at them and select the one he thought would be most interesting. The three finalists ended up being Reign of Fire, Young Guns and The Limey with the latter winning out over the rest.

I knew that it was supposed to be a good movie but I wasn't prepared for how freakin' phenomenal it actually is. It's a tight and trim 89 minute thriller starring the amazing Terrence Stamp as an English con who comes to LA seeking revenge on the man responsible for his daughter's death.

Very god stuff. Brilliantly edited, nicely shot, perfectly acted and executed. I love this film!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a clip of it on YouTube so I can't post any video here. If you're interested, though, hunt it down. You won't regret it.

mike

No comments: