Sunday, January 07, 2007

'It Starts Here!'

So says the blurb on the cover of DC's 52 #1.

Being a Giffen fan, I've kind of been accumulating issues of this book but never really finding the time to sit down and read them. The concept interests me somewhat, but the way my interest in super-hero comics has been fading I fear that there may be little in this year-long series to really captivate me and hold me for a whole 52 issues. I'm also feeling a little burned by the Infinite Crisis event which I stumbled into - and then was unable to stumble out of for some time - so this follow-up doesn't bode well for me.

Still, there is a LOT of talent behind this thing that I would normally follow so I've decided to take the plunge. I'm going to start issue 1 today and I'm going to make occasional updates as to what I'm thinking as the story progresses. If at any point I decide to can the project altogether, I'll be sure to mention that here as well.

Oh, I also might have some interesting news to impart soon. I'm just ironing out some details but it's something I'm really looking forward to doing so I'll share that info when I can.

Onwards and upwards!

mike

No comments: