Monday, January 08, 2007

The Joe Shuster Awards 2007

I mentioned in my last post that there might be news of some sort that I was going to share. Here it is…

A couple of days ago I was contacted by an old colleague of mine from an APA I used to belong to called ComiCopia. I thought that he may have been contacting me regarding something ‘Copia related, or just to touch base, say hi and see how things have been going since we last spoke (I’ve had a few of those e-mails float my way in recent months) but it turned out he had a far more interesting purpose for getting a hold of me. After firing a couple of messages back and forth over the last couple of days he informed me that he was the Nominating Jury Coordinator for the 2007 Joe Shuster Awards and that they were looking for a seventh member for the panel – would I be interested in signing on?

Heck yeah.

The news came totally out of left field but I was thrilled to get the invite and signed on immediately. I’ve already started to get e-mails from the other panelists and the days ahead (50 or so, I’m guessing) will be filled with much reading of the comic books featuring Canadian creators and likely many electronic discussions with the other six members of the panel until the final nominees get hammered out.

Sounds like a whole heck of a lot of fun, if you ask me.

Anyway, I should get back to work before somebody kicks me off the computer for doing something non-automotive. I’ll post an update when I can.

Onwards and upwards!

mike

No comments: