Saturday, January 20, 2007

Bird's Eye View

Here's a slightly different perspective of something most of us experienced from ground level:



For those of you who don't know about our recent bout with mother nature, about a week and a half ago we had a record blizzard, something the folks around here hadn't seen in a good long while. Sure, we get tons of snow, but not usually this much and not all at once. It was a trying day to get around but I went out and did my root canal and picked up Jen and got home without too much trouble. The SUV helped, I'm sure. Others, apparently, didn't fare as well. In an attempt to grab the kiddies from school before they got herded onto buses, My father in law ventured out and got stuck in bad traffic. I think it took him 45 minutes to travel what usually takes him 5.

And that's not to say that we don't have totally decent winter weather right now, but people are still talking about it like we got hit by Hurricane Katrina. Last week we even had a feature in the newspaper where folks would write in and tell their 2007 Blizzard story.

Anyway, that's it for me today. I'm at work again (doing the receptionist thing, as usual) so I guess it's time I tried and looked busy. Besides, their playing 'Clint Eastwood' on the satellite radio so I'm gonna go listen to that.

Onwards and upwards!

mike

No comments: