Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Slow Work Day

Very slow day at work so I had the opportunity to finish reading the screenplay for Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. I had ordered the book from Amazon a while back and I was pretty happy to have it arrive a couple of days ago. I wasn't exactly looking forward to it in that baited breath sort of way, but I've missed the old show and character and was happy to have something new to peruse to get that ol' charge again.

Originally getting this book was a big draw for people who were unable to see the director's cut of the film because it includes all the deleted scenes, but since Warner Bros. released the unedited version (by popular demand) on DVD that novelty has sort of worn off. I was pleased to discover, however, that a few scenes/lines that were in the screenplay never made the final cut. Nothing major, just a few words here and there that are cool for the trivia obsessed collector like me. Like when Woof comes out of the Jolly Jack building, sees all the cops and says, "Aw, man!"

Good stuff.

Looks like I'm going to have to go and watch the movie again because finishing the book has me all jazzed up. Unlikely that it'll be a movie night with the wife or kids, so I'll have to find 90 minutes somewhere when nobody is around to bother me.

Now that I think about it, I'm almost done the Superman series, maybe it's time I move on to Beyond as my next watch-it-again animated series.

Something to think about.

Anyway, back to work.

Later!

mike

No comments: