Monday, October 23, 2006

Made It To 500!

Hey, hey...

I wish I was posting something of more substance for the big 5-0-0 but I have a minute at work here and thought I would come on and make the ol' presence felt again before going back to the wonderful world of auto sales.

Probably the thing of most significance for me this wekend was seeing Sloan again at the Odeon Event Centre here in town. It's, I think, my fourth time seeing the band and they just keep getting better and better. Last year I indoctrinated my brother with their 'A-Sides Win' tour, promoting their greatest hits album. It used to be a lonely but fulfilling enterprise but now I get to share in the Sloan fandom so it's all good.



I also watched the documentary Who Killed the Electric Car this weekend. Working at Saturn, my interest was piqued after I saw the trailer for this movie when I went to see A Scanner Darkly. The Saturn connection is, of course, the EV-1, GM's first Electric Car which they brought into the world and then did everything they could to bury it. The doc is an interesting one and done sans Michael Moore mudslinging. It's well thought out, well presented and makes its arguments well.

Here's an interview with the film's director, Chris Paine:



If you get a chance to see this one, take the opportunity. You'll probably be glad you did.

So, other than moving a tub, working a women's trade show and listening to my brother talk about his new date, that was pretty much my whole weekend. Not too shabby, but nothing too dramatic.

Just like this post, I'd wager.

Anyway, 500 and counting. Later!

mike

No comments: