Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Losing Control

While it is awesome that I've finally settled into a line of work where I'm no longer looking over my shoulder for the other shoe to drop I have found that I have sort of lost track of some of the things that I kind of need to do. The effort of getting out first thing in the morning and not getting back in until 7:30 or 8:00 at night appears to be taking its toll.

On the top of the list is to get back to my previous supervisor at my old job (which they wouldn't let me quit) to let him know that I am mostly unavailable to work, but will be able to cover one morning shift while he's on holidays. Next on the list, in no special order, are my BOOM! reviews (kindly doing what I said I would do when Gianluca sent me all of that free BOOM! stuff), my pending Walter Simonson and Jeff Parker interviews and I think I'm due a call to Keith Giffen, as well. It's not a long laundry list, but it hangs over my head and the guilt is starting to really settle in.

I guess I should just start the ball rolling on everything and just get it over with. Not to make it sound like any of this is unpleasant work (well, that's not true, I don't want to call SuperStore again), but that's usually the cure for procrastination/distraction, isn't it? Just put it right there in your face and do it. Once things start moving forward it'll be like snow down a hill.

I just sound like a whiny bitch, don't I?

Later!

mike

No comments: