Thursday, June 15, 2006

First Day on the Floor

Today is going to be my first day on the selling floor. Well, not technically, because I've been there all week, but definitely my first day where I'm supposed to be selling. Up until now I've been reading product knowledge, taking test drives, bugging the other salesman (all three of them) for walkarounds and tips, chatting with the receptionist and working out some of the finer details for myself. It's a good environment to work in so I'm not expecting there to be any real difficulties, but when dealing with the buying public you always have to brace yourself for surprises.

One benefit I'm finding already is the dead time you have on slow days. If you don't have sales calls to make (being new and all) and nothing else to do you can kill time however you want. Some of the ways I've chosen to do so this week have been the aforementioned test drives, finishing my Rogue Squadron book (finally!) and working up questions for the Walt Simonson and Jeff Parker interviews I have on the table. I have high hopes for future slow periods.

Anyway, I'll post a follow-up tonight or tomorrow with all the gory details.

mike

No comments: