Saturday, June 24, 2006

4 Days and Counting

Hello, hello! I'm back from work and nursing my aching feet as I sit in front of the computer, sipping from my Super Big Gulp and getting to the business of doing my 'daily' blogging.

The Superman fever that I mentioned yesterday has yet to abate (although in its defense, it hasn't gotten any stronger, either) and I have a couple more links to share.

The first link is to an early review of the movie by Owen Gleiberman over at Entertainment Weekly's website. It pretty much tells me evrything I wanted to know about the movie, believe it or not. My big questions were, "how much of the Donner universe did Singer appropriate?", "How does Routh, Spacey and Bosworth compare to Reeve, Kidder and Hackman?" and "How does the movie play, overall?". I'm pretty much all geared up to see this baby, now.

Second is another AICN link showing how Rhythm and Hues put Brando's lost scenes 'back' into Superman Returns.

Lastly, here's a link to the website Superman Through the Ages and their Fleischer animated Superman cartoon page. After much searching, I finally found a copy of the Bosko Video DVD for my collection, but these downloads kept me in un-'improved' Fleischer 'toons thorugh that lengthy process. I figured if anyone out there had a hankering for some 'Up, up and away!' goodness they could click on thorugh here.

And those are the Superman links for the day.

I should also mention that I decided to read the Superman: Birthright series that Mark Waid and Leinel Francis Yu did a while ago to reimagine the Superman origin for DC Comics so I'll be posting some thoughts on that when I'm done.

Later!

mike

No comments: