Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Meanwhile... Birthday Shout-Out

I was cruising over at The Comics Reporter earlier this evening when I noticed that the 27th of January was the birth date of one Stefan Petrucha. Stefan has always been a favourite writer of mine from way back in the day. I still have a lot of fondness for Meta-4, his X-Files comic book work (which still stands as one of the best licensed comics I've ever seen and introduced an unknowing public to the artwork of Charles "Walking Dead" Adlard), Squalor (which lives again as Petrucha's Time Tripper book series) and the only Nexus story not done by Baron and the Dude that holds up for me, Nexus: The Liberator.

He's also done a lot of prose and YA work and his most recent novel, The Rule of Won is out there and getting great reviews from all over. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

So, a very happy Meanwhile... 50th birthday shout-out to Stefan. For many years of good reading and many more to come!

Cheers!

mike

No comments: