Friday, January 23, 2009

"And Get Me Doctor Doom."

From Captain Britain and MI13 #9, possibly one of the coolest last pages of a comic book in a long time:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I know I can't possibly be the only one who thinks this. I mean, Dracula and Doctor Doom teaming up in the Marvel U just hits all the right super-villain team-up buttons as far as I'm concerned. I knew Paul Cornell was playing by his own set of rules when I started picking up this book 4 issues ago, especially after he had Blade join the team, but after reading that last word balloon where he says, "Tell our forces in London to prepare Phase One of the assault. And get me Doctor Doom," I just started laughing. I'm sure my wife thought I was nuts.

Anyway, it's been a while since I've gotten so much pleasure out of a Marvel comic, I just had to share. And if you're not reading Captain Britain and MI13 yet, what's keeping you.

Cheers!

mike

No comments: