Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kim Manners (1950-2009)

This feels so weird, especially since I had an X-Files post just yesterday, but apparently Kim Manners, known for his time as a director on The X-Files and his current gig on Supernatural, passed away on Sunday from lung cancer. I was double checking Frank Spotnitz' Big Light blog today and saw the post there, then checked a few other sites online to get the whole story.

Man, I used to love watching he and Rob Bowman try to one-up each other week after week on The X-Files. I'll never forget episodes like "Home", "Humbug", "War of the Coprophages", "Closure" and many others whose scenes are permanently etched in my mind. I was thrilled a few years ago when I saw that he had become a regular on Supernatural along with X-Files alum, John Shiban. It was always fun following the old gang to their new digs and seeing what they were cooking up post Scully and Mulder.

For more tributes, Aint-It-Cool has a bit on Kim here and BuddyTV has a piece here. That's just a couple of the many that are floating around out there.

Manners was well-regarded in the industry and was a great director. My heartfelt condolences to his friends and loved ones. He will be missed.

No comments: