Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hey Kids, Comics! For 01/28/09

Welcome old and new to week 4 of HK,C! Kind of a big week with a number of books in the 'read only' category this time around.

  • Bold is what I will grab for sure.

  • Italics mean it's something I want, but won't necessarily pick it up right away.

  • Regular text indicates something that has caught my eye but is either too pricey to be reasonable, or I would only pick up as an impulse buy. More than likely I'll read it at some point but not own it.




    THIS WEEK'S PULL-LIST

    MISTER X CONDEMNED #2 (OF 4) (I've always liked Mister X since back in the day but there is only so much cash to go around so I'll grab this one if I can, read it if I can't.)

    UMBRELLA ACADEMY DALLAS #3 (OF 6) (Still haven't started reading this series yet, but based on the last one's performance, this is a no-brainer to pick up.)

    BATMAN #685 (I'll probably grab this based on Dini's, Nguyen's and Fridolfs' excellent work on Detective, not to mention the cool Catwoman cover.)

    BATMAN THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #1 (I'm not a huge fan of the series, but I'll give the comic a look-see.)

    LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #50 (It's done, it will be missed on my monthly pull-list but we'll see what eventually replaces it.)

    FINAL CRISIS #7 (OF 7) (It's also done. We can finally say with certainty whether or not this was a pile of crap or another brilliant Morrison joint.)

    REIGN IN HELL #7 (OF 8) (What can I say, I run a Keith Giffen news list. I have to at least read this.)

    FANTASTIC FOUR #563 (As always, I'm loving what Millar and Hitch are doing with this title.)

    BUCKAROO BANZAI BIG SIZE #1 (They're not as good as they should be, but I gotta support anything Buckaroo Banzai.)

    GARTH ENNIS BATTLEFIELDS DEAR BILLY #1 (My curiosity will likely get the better of me here.)

    HERO SQUARED LOVE & DEATH #1 (OF 3) (And finally, the long awaited conclusion to the Hero Squared saga. Looking forward to reading this one.)


    That's it for this week. Have a great Wednesday at the LCS.

    Later!

    mike
  • No comments: