Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pondering More Indy...

The Sunday Times conducted an interview with George Lucas regarding his upcoming Clone Wars movie, but the real interesting bit that came out of the piece (from a Indyphile's perspective) was this little bit here:

"Really, with the last one, Steven wasn’t that enthusiastic. I was trying to persuade him. But now Steve is more amenable to doing another one. Yet we still have the issues about the direction we’d like to take. I’m in the future; Steven’s in the past. He’s trying to drag it back to the way they were, I’m trying to push it to a whole different place. So, still we have a sort of tension. This recent one came out of that. It’s kind of a hybrid of our own two ideas, so we’ll see where we are able to take the next one."


I'd be curious to know which parts of the film were Spielberg and which were Lucas inspired. I'm guessing all the Sci-Fi elements probably came from George, we all know Shia was Steven's doing...I think I'd have to go and see the film again to really break it down.

Still, I've always upheld that I would continue to watch and love Indy even if he was 80 with a cane and dealing with life in 1971. I just enjoy the character that much, moreso than the adventures themselves. That's partially why I'm such a fan of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, too. I don't need Nazis and death-defying stunts, seeing what makes the guy tick engages me.

Anyway, it's a decent interview and worth checking out.

Later!

mike

No comments: