Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Still Want to Believe

I'm watching "Sanguinarium" from Season 4 right now as I type this in preparation for the X-Files movie which premieres in a few scant hours. A wonderfully greusome episode about black magic and plastic surgery. The opening teaser actually counts as one of my favourite X-Files moments but, unfortunately, I couldn't find a link to it anywhere. Oh well, those of you who know the episode know what I'm talking about, right?

Anyway, I can't tell you how excited I am to be seeing this thing tomorrow. I know everyone is feeling pretty lackluster about the whole thing, but I'm just looking forward to seeing old friends, do a little catch-up, you know? If the movie turns out to be kick-ass, all the better. Heck, I just want it to make enough money so that we can get the true finale to the series mythology with the conclusion of the colonization plotline. I believe 2012 is the set date. Only time will tell.

Next up is "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man" so I gotta go. I'll post some thoughts after I see the movie.

Believe Again!

mike

No comments: