Sunday, April 15, 2007

Only the Lonely

Recent statistics place the number of users on the internet at close to 900 million cyber savvy souls. That's a heck of a lot of people when you sit down and think about it. Especially when you consider that, out of those 900 million people, not one of them has made a comment on my blog. At least, not for weeks. And there was, like, no activity before that last Speed Racer related comment.

I was talking to my wife the other day regarding the lack of comments on the ol' blog and how it reminded me of how difficult it was to generate any kind of feedback when I was the Features Editor for Silver Bullet Comicbooks. At the time, I would look at the other sites and there would always be a discussion going on about this interview or that, but over at SBC it was like pulling teeth getting anyone to even acknowledge they were at the site. Heck, I even arranged to get the creators we interviewed to come on the message boards and answer extra questions provided by the fans, adding a bit more interactivity to the mix.

But, despite all my efforts, and the probably 600 million poeple on the internet at that time, we were still unable to generate a more vocal fanbase.

Which brings me back to the blog.

It's not the reason I do it, for sure, but it does surprise me sometimes how quiet things get in my corner of the blogosphere. I'm sure there are tons of other bloggers out there who experience the exact same thing, and I'm not trying to cry and bitch that more people should be talking to me, but there is a certain degree of reach out and touch someone mentality when a person gets out on the web and does something like this.

Or maybe I'll have to write more interesting posts.

Onwards and upwards!

mike

No comments: