Wednesday, April 25, 2007

More Interview Links

I found this great interview with David Simon, the writer of Homicide: Life on the Street and the creator of The Wire for HBO. It's conducted by Bob Andelman (Will Eisner's most recent biographer) and was a pretty decent read.

I'm trying to get the wife to watch the first season of The Wire with me but she doesn't seem to be budging. Everything I hear about the show is superb and everyone keeps calling it the best thing on television, so I figure I gotta at least give it a look-see. I love Homicide to bits so I'm pretty much expecting to love The Wire, as well.

Hmmm...maybe when I'm done posting I'll fire the first episode up.

The second link is one that I wasn't expecting to find when I cleaned out all the lingering Google News alerts that were sitting in my inbox. Apparently, the Star Bulletin (a Hawaiian paper, if I'm not mistaken) featured a very nice article on the inimitable Darwyn Cooke. It focuses mainly on the new Spirit stories Cooke is working on but the writer makes sure to mention Cooke's past works and adds a little bit of commentary, as well.

Overall, I was impressed with the piece. This sort of thing usually gets three or four paragraphs buried in the Arts section somewhere and someone is usually prefacing anything they say about comic book creators with a Pow or Zowie!. It's worth the read.

I was also going to post something about the new animated Doctor Who but I'll save that 'til next time.

Onwards and upwards!

mike

No comments: