Monday, September 05, 2005

TCB

Today's been a pretty good day, if I do say so myself. For starters, I'm pretty happy to say that the first assignment for that distance learning class I'm taking (Information Systems) is finally in. Something inside kind of clicked today and I just sat down and did it. The material has been sitting on my desk for about two months so I'm feeling pretty good about having that stuff on the quick road to donesville.

I've also filled out an application for a job I'm almost 100% sure I'm going to get. Ironically, it's the same job I was working at before we made the decision for me to stay home while Jen works (since she was making so much more than I could). There's kind of a circular, serendipitous sort of kizmet there, but I'm not counting my chickens 'til they're all hatched. The other two big applications that led to interviews ended up on the scrap heap but I did physically speak to my old supervisor who more-or-less told me to apply for the job, so I'm feeling hopeful about that, too.

I've also done a crapload of reading in the last week, much of it non-fiction but a couple of GNs slipped by and I enjoyed them immensely. Usagi Yojimbo Vol. 2, Bizarro Comics and P. Craig Russell's The Magic Flute were all great reads and I look forward to tracking more of Russell's and Sakai's stuff down. I'm only a few pages off from finishing J. Torres' and Takeshi Miyazawa's Sidekicks: The Transfer Student which I've found strikingly good, and I'm still in the middle of From Hell.

Lastly, I'm glad to be back and doing the (hopefully) regular Blog posts.

I'm going to go take my good mood and do something fun. I recommend you do the same.

mike

No comments: