Friday, September 30, 2005

Stalking the New Kolchak

SciFi.com has a small bit on the new Night Stalker series which premiered last night on ABC.

Being a fan of Kolchak and of The X-Files, I naturally tuned in to see what Executive Producer Frank Spotnitz had to say on the subject and I've yet to fully form any real opinions other than 'it has potential'. I like Stuart Townsend and think he does a decent job of playing the lead. Given time I think he could really sink into the role. The other cast members were forgettable but I'll reserve judgment on them until they start to get on my nerves (and I think Gabrielle Union just might). The plot was OK, but it was just a Pilot episode and I've learned to keep my expectations for pilot's low. I can barely watch the pilots now for many shows that I dearly love, so I'm not reading into Night Stalker at all at this point.

Three is the magic number, so three it will be. I give them that many episodes to impress me, even just a bit and I'll sign on for a whole season.

I do find it to be an interesting sidenote that ABC pretty much demanded to know the 'end' of the mythology arc before greenlighting it, though.

Anyway, early response to the show seems positive but we'll see how things pan out.

mike

No comments: