Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sitting Around Watching AvP

Like the title says, I'm watching AvP on Movie Central as I type this. It would appear that the movie is not as fun as I remember it being when I first saw it in the theatre. I distinctly recall it being a fun romp like Jurassic Park III where it was just a bunch of CG monsters and make-ups beating the crap out of each other for a while. I know JP3 has its detractors, but when that T-Rex started scrapping with the Spinosaurus, I was a happy camper. Maybe I just have to be in the mood.

Anyway, on the Jozic-front, there's not a lot happening and a lot happening. I know those two statements are in conflict with one another but they're pretty much true. I'm not sure how to articulate that in any sensible way, so I'll just leave it at that and maybe get to a more explanatory post later on.

I did a little more work on that sit-comey idea with my brother, and just may add to that tonight since he's coming over to watch Family Guy. We sort of have a framework for a pilot, it's just a matter of making it really funny, or at least as funny as we think it can be.

I've also been on a Planet of the Apes kick since I took the 35th anniversary DVD out of the library. I'm going to post further on that one for sure because I've also dug out my DHC POTA comics and they're worth mentioning, particularly Paco Medina's work.

That's all for now.

mike

No comments: