Monday, September 26, 2005

Monday LinkBlog Returns

I just went down to the post office and mailed off a cheque for $130 to pay off the speeding ticket that I received while vacationing in Calgary about a month ago. Needless to say, I'm not in the best of moods. As a result, I am going to forego any thoughtful musings for the day (which I had planned) and bring back the somewhat regular Monday linkblog to free me of the burden of being interesting.

DVD details for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith have been confirmed, according to SciFi.com. The other DVDs from this Prequel Trilogy have been excellent from a feature and commentary standpoint, so I'm really looking forward to having this one in my collection as well.

Vicky Hallett, writing for USNews.com, does a nice (albeit brief) interview with Family Guy creator, Seth MacFarlane. You know, when I look at a picture of Seth I can't help thinking he looks a little like new INXS frontman J.D. Fortune. Is it just me?

David Cronenberg sounds off for Canoe.com on his new flick, History of Violence, an adaptation of John Wagner and Vince Locke's graphic novel of the same name. I haven't seen this one yet but I am really looking forward to it.

CanMag.com has this short piece with actor Keanu Reeves in which Reeves talks a bit about the possibility (or impossibility) of a Constantine sequel. I thought it was good reading.

A little bit on the old side, but this Gorillaz article from MTV.com makes mention of their next single ('Dirty Harry') and their touring plans. There's been a lot of speculation as to what exactly the Gorillaz are going to do this time around and this piece sort of clears the air a bit.

I know it's kinda goofy to be mentioning this one at all, but there's a new Scooby-Doo video game for XBOX and other platforms that looks like it might be pretty fun. The screenshots I've seen are pretty sharp and the voice cast is apparently there as well. I've been looking for a game other than Buffy to let my kids play. I'm looking forward to snagging this one up sometime.

And last, but not least, a decent V For Vendetta article courtesy of The Seattle Times.

As always, I'll try and come on again later if time, and my state of mind, permit.

mike

No comments: