Monday, March 26, 2007

Steve Canyon Classic Strips

I don't think I've mentioned it here before but I've been reading Steve Canyon reprints over at Humorous Maximus and figured I'd link to it for anyone who may be interested but unaware of this daily dose of Caniff. The strip started running on the site as of January 15th of this year and that is the day I've linked to so if you click thorugh you'll be getting in on the ground floor.

I've never read any Terry and the Pirates (supposedly the superior strip) but so far Steve Canyon is a relatively entertaining read. There's something off about the pacing for the first few weeks, in my opinion, but I'm pretty sure that's a case of daily strip meets 'let's introduce all the characters before our adventure' syndrome or pilot-itus.

The sunday ones are my favourite, so far, both because of their length and their larger sizes. I'm finding it a bit of a strain to read the dailies but I shall persevere.

Anyway, much thanks to Humorous Maximus for putting these up and click through if you're a fan of high adventure.

Onwards and upwards!

mike

No comments: