Thursday, March 08, 2007

State of the Union

I've been pretty quiet lately on the blog front. Part of that is because of all the work I have been doing on my parents' computer (makes me want to spend less time on mine) and part of that is a result of the reshuffling that my life has undergone in the last couple of weeks.

At the beginning of last week my tenure as a Retail Consultant with Saturn of Saskatoon came to an end. I'm not too broken up about it seeing as I'm beginning to believe that sales is maybe not my number one skill, but it does sort of leave me in a somewhat precarious position since I no longer have a regular paycheque coming in. I do have some time to find a new job because Jen's income right now is actually decent enough that we're doing okay, but the sooner I get back in the saddle the better for everyone.

It has been nice staying home. I've spent a lot of time with the kids, which is good, and I've been able to take a bit of a break from the whole work cycle which has been good for the mind and soul. I've tackled a few projects and set up a few more. Watched some long-ignored DVDs and read some equally passed-over books and comics. I've gotten a little more done in the way of household necessities than I normally would during the course of the week, although Jen says there's great room to improve in that area.

I'm thinking the dreaded laundry could use a good solid doing before the week is out.

Anyway, that's sort of where we're at for the moment. As usual I have some ideas of things I'd like to do online here on the blog and elsewhere and I'll post more info on it as I come to it. Until then...

Onwards and upwards!

mike

No comments: