Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Marshall Rogers R.I.P.

According to Newsarama comic artist Marshall Rogers has passed away.

I first came to know Rogers' work through his brief stint on the new Silver Surfer monthly with Steve Englehart in the '90s which was followed shortly afterwards by a few issues of Justice League Europe (the JLE in the UK featuring the first appearance of The Beefeater). I really enjoyed his stuff, mostly because it didn't look like anything else being done by anyone at that time. Having caught my fancy I worked my way back and explored his Mister Miracle issues as well as some Batman and more recently read his Dark Detective mini, which re-teamed him with old collaborator, Steve Englehart. I liked what he brought to a book. It always had a nice texture and good pacing to it.

My condolences to his family for their loss.

mike

No comments: