Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What Have I Done For Me Lately

It's been a while since I've posted. I'm a little surprised that I let it slip a week this time, but I have been sick and working, so aybe I have an excuse. At least that's what I can tell myself.

Anyway, not much has happened since my last post other than my getting sick and taking a day or two off of work. While I have been feeling like crap, I have enjoyed having some time at home. I've done some of that "sick but cleaning the house" stuff that I used to watch my wife do all the time. I guess it's my turn, now.

Mostly I've just accumulated more stuff in the last week or so and I've gone to see Underworld: Evolution. Most of the reviews I've seen of the movie have been negative but I enjoyed it. Not as much as the first one, but it was nice to revisit those characters and that world. I do wish the story had been a bit more complex, but it was still fun.

Some of the stuff that I've picked up have been the Underworld 2-Disc extended DVD set, as well as the Dune: Director's Cut which I got for a steal at work. My friend Carly has lent me the first season of Arrested Development which is every bit as good as everyone says it is. I'm sick to know that the current season - season three - will be the show's last since I am absolutely head over heels for this one. And speaking of cancelled shows, I've started playing with DVD Lab Pro to create DVD's of Frank Spotnitz' The Night Stalker since I'm not sure if Touchstone will be releasing any after the show gets it's second life on SciFi.

Lastly, I've obtained a PS2 and a copy of the X-Files game, 'Resist or Serve' which I'm enjoying. Just to see and hear Mulder and Scully again has been a joy even if they're just digital representations of the characters. The story is not bad, the gameplay is pretty good and I'm looking forward to finishing the game as Mulder and then trying it again as Scully. I've had a link to the official game site on the sidebar for some time so if you want to see what I'm talking about, click on through.

I think I neeed to take a nap, so I'm going to blow. I'll post again when I can.

Later!

mike

No comments: