Saturday, January 28, 2006

Anderson and Sheik

I just found out today that PBS has, as of last week, begun airing a mini-series based on Charles Dickens' Bleak House. Normally I wouldn't blink at such an event, but it looks like the series stars Gillian Anderson in one of her few post-X-Files appearances. I'm interested in seeing what her work looks like now but I may not get that chance for a while. They might be airing part two tomorrow night, so maybe I'll catch it then.

Also, Duncan Sheik has finally released a new album after four years of sitting off the radar (I know, I know, he's been doing stuff, just not a major release of any kind) so I'm totally jazzed to hear the new music. Of course, there's a bit of a kink in the equation because I can't seem to find the album anywhere in this shithole of a city I live in.

Anyway, until I can get my copy (Amazon, here I come) I - and you - can hear some Duncan at his website here. Just click on the new album and there's some streaming audio you can sample if you're interested. It's good stuff. So far, definitely worth the wait.

Later!

mike

No comments: